Benefits Geothermal Energy
- Lower Operating Costs:The main selling point to many people is the substantial monthly savings you will see when you install a geothermal heating or cooling system. A geothermal energy system comes with a 400% efficiency rating. This means that for every one unit of electrical energy used, four units are delivered. This is possible only because geothermal heating and cooling systems don’t burn energy when making energy, but instead make use of an energy source that already exists (the heat in the ground or inside the house). Tulsa homeowners can expect to see an annual energy savings of between 30%-70% over a traditional HVAC system on an average sized home (2000 sq. ft.) which translates to this home being heated or cooled for about $1 a day.
- Very Quiet:Geothermal energy systems are super quiet because they don’t use a loud fan like traditional HVAC units. Similar to the noise level of a refrigerator, a geothermal energy unit works in much the same way. Geothermal heating and cooling system units are also housed indoors so you don’t have to worry about vandalism or exposure to the elements.
- Environmental Impact:The high efficiency rating given to geothermal energy systems due to the fact that they don’t burn energy to create energy means that they’re very environmentally friendly. By not burning energy, no carbon monoxide or other greenhouse gasses are created and therefore air pollution is avoided. Installing a geothermal energy system in your Tulsa home has the same environmental impact as planting one acre of trees or in reducing the energy emissions of two cars. The US EPA claims that geothermal heating and cooling systems are the most environmentally friendly and efficient kind of home air altering systems.
- Clean and Safe for Your Family:Geothermal energy units don’t use fossil fuels and they don’t burn energy to create energy so there is no combustion energy used that produces toxic gasses, like carbon monoxide. A geothermal heating and cooling system is a perfectly safe option for your family.
- System Life Span:A geothermal energy system required very little maintenance once it’s installed. A periodic check and filter change is all it really needs and since the system unit is housed indoors, equipment life has a much longer span than a traditional outdoor HVAC unit and can often function for 20 years if well cared for. Most HVAC systems require yearly maintenance that’s often expensive.
- Positive Cash Flow:After the upfront installation costs of a geothermal energy system, the savings will quickly pay off the investment and generate savings each month after. The most energy efficient system is also the most cost effective energy system available and it’s guaranteed to produce lower energy bills with almost no maintenance.
- Comfort Quality:A geothermal energy system dehumidifies air during the wetter summer months and therefore can heat and cool Tulsa homes evenly, making sure your home is comfortable year round.
- Free Hot Water Generation:Your geothermal heat pump system can be connected with your hot water tank through a desuperheater component, which means that you can harness the power of the geothermal heat in the earth to give you free hot water. During the winter, the desuperheater heats the water in the tank by using the same geothermal heat that is heating your home. In the summer months, the desuperheater draws from the heat being extracted from your home.